A Place to Call Home: Meeting Missoula's Housing Needs
The Missoula City Council adopted a comprehensive city-wide Housing Policy, entitled "A Place to Call Home: Meeting Missoula’s Housing Needs" on June 24, 2019. Housing Policy aims to create a cohesive policy and program approach in the city to minimize barriers and provide financial incentives where possible to promote the production and preservation of diverse, healthy, and safe homes that all Missoulians can afford.
- Diversity. A healthy housing market includes options and resources for all Missoulians.
- Innovation. A commitment to innovation will ensure that this housing policy is as dynamic as the community it aims to serve.
- Collaboration. Missoula’s housing policy relies on the collaborative spirit of this community and strong public-private partnerships.
- Achievability. While the goals of this housing policy are ambitious, they are also achievable. They reflect realistic projections of city resource sand the opportunities we have at our disposal.
Homes Build Strong Communities. By providing safe and healthy housing with a diversity of home types and affordability levels, we can support childhood educational success, enable Missoulians to improve our circumstances in the community, support individual and community health, and allow for a robust and thriving local economy.
Housing & Community Development Agency Comment on Related Projects
When projects come before City Council that align with the goals and strategies in Housing Policy, the Director of Housing & Community Development offers comments to Council supporting those projects.
- Housing & Community Development Agency Comment on 304 Garfield Street TED, May 2020 (PDF)
- Housing & Community Development Agency Comment on Heron’s Landing Subdivision, May 2020 (PDF)
- Housing & Community Development Agency Comment on Remington Flats Subdivision, April 2020 (PDF)
- Housing & Community Development Agency Comment on Emergency Winter Shelter (PDF)
- Housing & Community Development Agency Comment on Ronald Ave. right of way vacation and rezone (PDF)
- Housing & Community Development Agency Comment on Application to Rezone 724 Toole Ave. (PDF)