Climate & Energy Team
In 1996, the City of Missoula joined the Cities for Climate Protection, and in 2004 the City Council adopted a local action plan aimed at reducing greenhouse gas emissions in the Missoula area and established the Greenhouse Gas/Energy Conservation Team, now known as the Energy & Climate Team. The Team focuses of the following:
- Provides recommendations to the City Council on current energy issues including state legislature activities, how to promote energy efficiency, and what should be done to remove barriers to alternative energy development.
- Promotes alternative energy development.
- Is involved with the Municipal Climate Action Plan.
- Researches new technologies and how they can be applied locally.
- Communicate ways the City and the community as a whole can increase energy efficiency and generate power in ways that minimize greenhouse gases.
There is one position available:
- Alternate 2
How to Apply
Applications can be picked up at the City Clerk Office, City Hall, 435 Ryman St., second floor.
Applications are due by March 18, 2020 at 12:00 PM.
All applicants will interview with the City Council Parks and Conservation Committee.
If you have questions or want details about the functions or qualifications to apply, please contact Marty Rehbein, Legislative Services Director/City Clerk at 406-552-6078.